Conroe, Texas has the distinct benefit of having a climate that allows for nearly year-round use of a swimming pool or hot tub. The warm temperatures and mild winters, thanks to the gulf coast winds, keep the region at a very steady range of warmth, even in the depths of December. Once spring rolls in to the Conroe area, people’s moods get better, the sun shines more and so they are motivated to tackle various home improvement projects. One of the most common home improvement projects started by homeowners this time of year is installing a swimming pool in the backyard. If you have been contemplating having the luxury of a pool just steps from your patio, spring is the absolute best time to start a project of this size.
Often, people will get caught up in the design and overall look of their pool and the surrounding landscaping and features, but overlook the details such as permits, proper pump systems, and sufficient filtration. Given that spring is not the busiest season in pool construction, it is important to take the time to get a head start on these details to be pool-ready for the summer. Even though building a pool is a detail oriented and meticulous task, it yields added value to your home and years of quality family time and memories. If you prepare right and choose a quality builder like Mitchell Custom Pools, spring time can be the best time to build the pool you’ve always dreamed of for several reasons.
It Gives Time To Comb Through The Details
The hotter it gets as Texas heads into summer, the demand for pool construction rises and this can mean delayed construction times from June thru August, higher prices and a mad rush to build in time for peak swim season. Building in the spring, while not as busy, gives far more time for builders to design your pool and still be ready for summer. Getting the details down is the number one mistake homeowners make when building a pool and often it ends in having a pool they aren’t happy with. Being that a pool is such a significant investment you want to make sure you get it just as you imagined it, so you need the time that spring offers to comb through details such as:
- Choosing The Right Pool Dimensions And Location – Your pool can take up as much or as little of your backyard as you wish. Keep in mind trees and gardens you have, or may want to plant later on, as once the pool is built it is nearly impossible to undo.
- Planning Out Hardware, Accessories And Features – Pools can be highly customized and can have features such as slides, rock features or waterfalls that are both aesthetic and functional. Pools also require pumps, filtration systems and other daily maintenance hardware, such as skimmers, in order to function at optimal levels.
- Choosing Your Decking – Decking is the surface that surrounds your pool and can be constructed from many types of material from bamboo wood decking to rock aggregate and more.
- Hot Tub Design – Many pool owners regret not getting a hot tub implemented in to their pool design. This is a decision you will need to carefully consider as it is far less expensive and difficult to add a hot tub during construction than a few years down the road.
- Entertainment Features – Do you plan on using your pool for parties, entertaining visiting guests and other social gatherings? Don’t forget to factor in features such as a changing cabana, outdoor sound system and weather proof seating.
The Climate Is Construction Friendly
Constructing a pool from design to completion can take at least a couple of months and spring provides the perfect balanced climate for optimal construction. When building in late fall or winter, the ground can be too cold to dig properly and set plumbing. Also, in the spring, landscaping can be set much easier and is already lush with spring colors and blooms and you can see the vision coming together right away. Construction crews also won’t be hampered by working conditions that are too cold or too hot and they will be able to work more efficiently, possibly finishing sooner than expected. All things considered, the working environment can have a significant impact on the duration of construction and even the quality—spring offers the ideal climate to foster an efficient build.
Wide Selection Of New Products Available
Every year in January, the pool industry converges on the convention center in San Antonio, TX for the Southwest Pool & Spa Show. At this convention, one of the largest in the industry, pool builders come to see the latest in pool technology, design trends, and accessories for the new year. What does this mean for you, a potential owner of a new pool? It means that all of those products and trends showcased at the show are usually available by March and can be implemented into your pool design. When these products launch there are usually great deals and it will help your pool get built on the cutting edge of pool design. The selection will be much more varied as stock is fresh and not just pumps, control systems and filters— but many other high-end products will flood the market. Not interested in the cutting edge? There’s good news for you as well — when new tech comes in, old tech must be cleared out. It’s a great time to get significant discounts on products that are not even a year old in their tech cycle. It’s the perfect way to slash your hard overall costs and still get some top of the line hardware and accessories for your new pool.
Ready To Dive In?
If you’ve been considering making the smart investment of a custom pool for your home, Mitchell Custom Pools is ready to create your backyard oasis together. With years of dedicated service to the Conroe/Woodlands/Houston area, we know what makes a great Texas style custom pool. We don’t only build new pools but remodel old ones and restore them to a new found beauty and function. If your dream is an outdoor oasis to escape to every evening— give us a call for a free pool consultation. We are ready to wow you and create paradise only a few feet from your back door.